Take the plunge & teach life-saving skills
Published on 06 January 2023
Take the plunge and teach life-saving skills.
If you are looking for a casual role that offers great flexibility, on-the-job and accredited training, then this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss!
- Casual opportunities with flexibility and a variety of shifts
- Make a positive difference by teaching life skills
- Free gym and pool access
Total HRM has partnered with the Rural City of Wangaratta’s Sports & Aquatic Centre (WSAC) to find enthusiastic and passionate Aquatic Education Instructors. If you are looking for a casual role that offers great flexibility, on-the-job and accredited training, then this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss.
Whether you are keen to enter the aquatic education industry or maybe you are a seasoned aquatic instructor who is looking for a rewarding position that fits around your lifestyle, we want to hear from you! Join us and contribute to your local community.
About the role:
- Conduct aquatic education programs and assess students’ competencies as per program requirements
- Continually provide a safe, fun, structured and inclusive environment within classes
- Complete all training provided (First aid, manual handling, CPR)
- Working with the community and members who access the learn to swim programs and provide a high level of customer service
- Ensuring the efficient and effective operation of swim lessons
Your core talents:
- Ability to work with school-aged students
- Verbal and written communication
- Customer focused
- Passion for fitness and supporting others to achieve their goal
Working at Wangaratta Sports & Aquatic Centre (WSAC)
Located in the rural city of Wangaratta, the WSAC is the place for the community to come and enjoy a workout, or maybe just a coffee.
The precinct has recently undergone a $16 million facelift, resulting in a new 50m outdoor pool, 25m heated indoor pool, 24/7 gym, indoor stadium and courts, and welcoming cafe! It’s the ideal workspace.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply, including women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from multicultural backgrounds, people with disability, veterans, young people, and people over 45 years old, even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly.
How to apply:
You will need full Australian working rights and a valid driver’s licence to be considered for this position. Additional assessments may apply.
Read more here. For a copy of the position description or a confidential conversation, please contact Felicity Whorlow via email@example.com or on 1800 868 254.
Applications close: Saturday 18 February 2023, although you may be appointed earlier.