We are open!
Published on 27 July 2021
Great news – we are OPEN!
Please find listed below an update on how we will operate from Wednesday 28 July 2021 until further notice.
All facilities are open and we are able to have a maximum of 100 people per indoor space.
- Group Fitness classes are capped at 10 people per class. This includes aqua classes, cycle classes and group fitness.
- We are limited to 100 people each on the pool deck and in the stadium.
- 24/7 gym access is restricted.
Centre opening hours
Centre opening hours are altered during this period until restrictions are eased further.
Monday – Thursday 05:45am – 8:00pm (pools close @ 7:45pm, warm water pool closes @ 7:00pm)
Friday 05:45am – 7:00pm (pools close @ 6:45pm)
Saturday 8:00am – 5:00pm (pools close @ 4:45pm)
Sunday 8:30am – 5:00pm (pools close @ 4:45pm) Body Balance rescheduled to 4:00pm.
24/7 operating hours
A COVID marshal is required at all times the public has access to the Centre. We are unable to provide this. We have altered our 24/7 access to provide some out of hours access.
Monday - Thursday access from 5:00am / access from 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday access from 5:00am / access from 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday access from 6:30am / no access after 5:00pm
Sunday no access outside Centre opening hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm
Memberships will be reactivated as at Wednesday 28/07/2021.
If you wish your membership to remain on suspension please complete the Suspension Request form: Manage your membership Wangaratta Sports & Aquatic Centre (wsac.vic.gov.au)
Bookings and timetables
Casual gym & swim - no need to book for casual use of pool or gym
Group Fitness timetable will run as per the timetable but numbers are RESTRICTED to 10 people only per class. Bookings are highly recommended and open 72 hours prior to the class time.
User Groups & Bookings – hirers and user groups will be contacted separately about their bookings and the changed conditions.
Swimming lessons – operate as normal. Please limit your attendance to your child / student and parent to avoid exceeding our venue limits.
Gymnastics lessons – operate as normal. We start back on Wednesday 28/07/2021 for Kinder Gym and Gymnastics. Please limit your attendance to your child / student and parent to avoid exceeding our venue limits.
Our cafe is open with a few changes to hours and menu.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Monday – Thursday, 4:00pm – 6:30pm
- CLOSED Saturday & Sunday
- Menu – coffee & light snacks
All MEMBERS & VISITORS entering the Centre will be required to:
- Wear a properly fitting face mask covering nose and mouth face mask indoors & outdoors except if an exception applies or you are undertaking strenuous exercise, swimming or under 12 years of age.
- Sign into the Centre using the Services Victoria QR code. If you are unable to access this code the team at Reception will be able to assist you. All people entering the venue must sign into the Centre’s QR code. Members are required to confirm with Reception staff that they have scanned in.
- Practise social distancing and stay at least 1.5 metres apart where possible
- Wipe down all equipment after use (applies to gym and group fitness studio)
- Stay at home if unwell
- Use hand sanitiser on entry to Centre
Thank you for your patience as we have navigated through this time. As restrictions change we will keep you updated. The WSAC Team is looking forward to welcoming you back to the Centre.
Stay Well. Stay Healthy!