Introducing the Wangaratta Sports & Aquatic Centre
Published on 15 September 2020
The Rural City of Wangaratta is excited to open up the newly refurbished Wangaratta Sports & Aquatic Centre later this year.
This big project hopes to establish this facility as one of the premier sporting precincts in Victoria to serve the growing needs of our community and attract major events in the future.
The project was funded through $4.4m from the Australian Government’s Building Better Region Fund, $1.5m from the Victorian Government’s Community Sports Infrastructure Fund and $100,000 from the Wangaratta Swimming Club. Council has also been the recipient of a $6m low interest loan through Sport and Recreation Victoria’s (SRV) Community Sports Infrastructure Loans Scheme.
Recent upgrades include:
- 50m heated outdoor FINA compliant pool
- 17mx12m indoor warm water program pool
- Outdoor toddlers’ pool/splash play area
- 60kW solar system on roof of WISAC stadium
- 117 space sealed car park including 4 disabled spaces in between Barr 1 and 2 ovals.
- New pool operating plant and heating units
- 300 lux lighting for outdoor pool
The Centre is planned to open up in November.